Last night Shane and I went to the first of four classes in the Childbirth Series at St. Francis Hospital. There were a lot of things that we already knew and knew how to do, but we definitely learned a lot! We learned different exercises that we can do, as well as some natural pain management techniques. My favorite technique for pain management was the breathing exercise that we did. It was almost EXACTLY like the breathing exercises that I used to do in High School band, so I guess I owe Mr. Jahnke a "thanks"! I feel really prepared and confident in my ability to deliver naturally. I hope we learn a lot of skills to help us through that experience!
In other news, last week Pete got a corneal ulcer, probably from wrestling with Pistol (says the vet). We have been regularly giving him pain medication and eye drops to heal the wound and hopefully it will be 100% better very soon. It has been a little rough waking up at all the prescribed times that he needs his various doses, but Shane and I have decided the experience is only going to help us become better parents. So, overall, it has not been that bad.
Today Shane and I cleaned the house. A lot. I really wanted the carpets cleaned so Shane cleaned out the steamer from top to bottom. Once it was relatively like "new", he cleaned the carpet in our master bedroom and in the living room/entry to the house. They really needed a good scrubbing! After we did the carpet, we started a load of laundry and a load of dishes. While those were going, I took some of our awesome Clorox Bleach wipes and cleaned all of the hard surfaces in the kitchen. Then, I guess I got bored and attacked the hard floors with the Swiffer Wet Jet. I feel MUCH better now.
Tonight, I am puppy sitting for my friends Leslie and Adam. They adopted a new, teeny tiny, puppy and named him Paco. Since they will be in town for Adam's birthday, I am going to watch Paco while they have dinner and go to a concert. It should be fun!
Next week I have my glucose tolerance test at the Warren Clinic. That should be pretty interesting. I hope I pass the test, so I don't have to take it again. Drinking a cup of "juice" that is probably going to be around 99% sugar just sounds disgusting. Since I am doing it to make sure Derek is still safe and sound in his incubator, I won't be too upset about it.
I'm not too sure what else I need to write about today, so I will end this for now. Happy Friday!
Friday, August 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment