Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bugs

The past 24 hours have been full of chaos. We started out working on our guest room two days ago and everything was going smoothly. It is now a functional guest room, with bed, bedding, curtains and adult furniture-as well as art on the walls. To complete the room, we needed to move a few pieces of furniture. Apparently I am no longer capable of doing much of anything. When I tried to lift some of the furniture, to help Shane move it, I really hurt myself. So...Shane called Drew, to have him come over and help. Which I greatly appreciated! They got everything done and then went to work on the guest bathroom-which has a leaky cold water handle in the shower...

From there, it became apparent that none of the plumbing in that shower was any good and it basically all needed to be replaced. We went to Lowe's and got the various supplies we needed, and then came home. The boys worked on the bathroom for another hour or so and ended up in the garage, trying to use a hack-saw to make a screw smaller. I got tired and told them I was heading to bed and they both said they would be done soon.

A few moments later, Shane starts yelling for me and I got very scared! I thought he might have cut himself with the saw, or hurt himself on the plumbing. He came rushing into the bedroom, shaking his head and told me in a very frightened voice that "something" had just flown into his ear.

I glanced in...nothing. He kept telling me he could hear it flapping around and that it was so loud that it was hurting him. I told him to try and flush it out in the shower, while I went to grab the flashlight from my oral mech exam kit. I finally get a good look and what do you know? There IS a bug in there. Way in there. Three and a half hours into the night, it was still there.

Today, we tried again, with an ear candle. Now half the bug is in there. I am tired and so is Shane. He'll probably be going to the doctor tomorrow. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment