Dear Dragon Slayer,
Today you are 27 weeks gestation and today you gave your mommy and daddy a minor heart attack. We'll get to that...Let's start with the good.
You are now the size of a rutabaga! At 13.6 to 14.8 inches and 1.5 to 2.5 pounds, you're not just getting bigger, you're getting smarter. According to our weekly emails, at "27 weeks you are breathing (it’s amniotic fluid, not air, but it
still counts) and even showing brain activity. As we say goodbye to the second trimester, it’s time to head down the home stretch.
Are you ready?" Despite all the happenings of today, you are a healthy little one...so please don't worry.
"Less good" for the day occurred around 8:30 this morning. Mommy started bleeding and I thought my heart was going to stop. Ugh. Let me say again, that everything is OK. At the time though, I went into complete panic mode. Daddy was at the VA Hospital, finishing up his last day, and I was home alone with your older brother and sister. I started calling everyone I could to watch your siblings, but found no success. So, we all immediately loaded up the car to head to the Labor and Delivery Triage/Urgent Care at OU Children's. We met Daddy in the basement of the parking garage and went up to the 4th floor. We were there for over 4 hours, but at the end of it all, the doctors/nurses/midwives had no idea what happened or what caused the bleeding-but are certain that you are OK.
We just want you to know how very, very much we love you already. Every day isn't going to be perfect and you won't be happy with us all the time, but we love you. Always.
XOXO,
Mommy and Daddy
Friday, August 22, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment