Yesterday I spent the day in Oklahoma City, watching my friend Leslie pick out wedding dresses and venues. During the whole time I was gone, my wonderful husband managed to turn our spare bedroom (more like storage room) into a nice, big, empty room-for our baby's nursery! He and Drew even put up blinds in the window. The room actually looks like a room, and you can even see the carpet. I am so excited that they both worked so hard to do that for the little baby. There are only a few more, very little, things to move out of the room and then it will be ready for the only thing we have purchased so far-bedding!
We cannot wait to meet our little guy, or girl! Shane and I have been getting so anxious to find out the gender, so we can finally give our little baby a name. Hopefully we will be able to find out at our 18 week ultrasound...I really hope so. From what I understand, it all depends on how much our little baby cooperates for the ultrasound technician. We shall see!
I got a part time job offer as well, working for Communication Rehabilitation, in Tulsa. It would be working for my mom again, but in her new (actual) office space! I would get to do paperwork and back up files on flash drives, as well as do some medical billing and report writing. It will be a great experience for me and great practice for when I get to be a speech pathologist some day. The best news of all is-I would get to bring the baby to work! Actually, I believe the exact words were: "you better bring the baby, because I am the grandma and I said so". HA! I love my mom so much and I am so lucky to have her in my life. She wants to buy baby food for when I am working and she also wants to put a crib in the office, with play things for the baby. She is truly a blessing in my life. Things really do have a way of working out for the best!
On a different note, I woke up to more thunderstorms this morning. Yet again, I had two very frightened dogs that just wanted to cuddle in bed with mommy and daddy. They hopped right up into bed and started shivering-they were so scared! I was so happy to have a chance to practice with them, because I bet this will happen with our children too!
Life is a wonderful and amazing adventure and I am so lucky to have the family and friends that I do. I cannot wait for all that is in store!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Amanda, I'm so happy for you! It sounds like some things are really falling into place! Good luck on the new job. I can't wait to find out if baby Dollarhite is a boy or girl!! :)
ReplyDelete